Why should our club's women's spiel be part of the Circuit?
- Increased advertising for the bonspiel on the USWCA website and potentially, if joining early enough, in the Circuit's additional publicity.
- Increased participation in your club's event. We are modeling the Circuit on the GNCC's Men's Tour. All of the events in the two years of the Tour have had an increase in the participating teams due to the Tour.
- Curlers can get points in any participating bonspiel from across the USWCA. This should help get teams to travel outside of their local club area.
How much does participation cost? What is the fee for participation?
- The cost to the club is $100 per bonspiel. (If a host club pays the registration fee before October 1, 2016, the fee is discounted by $25; you pay $75.)
- The fees will go to the prize pool. This year 100% of all fees from both the participants and clubs will go directly to the prize pool. There will be a prize pool in each participating USWCA Area. If there are not enough participating bonspiels and or curlers in an area, areas will be combined.
How will participation in the Circuit change our spiel?
- Except for having more teams and increasing the competition, The Circuit will have no impact on your club's spiel. We will not have any impact on how you run your event. (Rules, events, timing). We only require that teams from other clubs be allowed to participate in your spiel.
What does our club need to do? Two simple things:
- First sign up. Simply download and complete this form and mail it along with your $100 fee (or the discounted fee of $75 if you pay before October 1, 2016) to the Circuit Chair at the address listed on the form. Please be sure to include a contact name, phone number and email and an internet address to your club's event page.
- Once the event is completed, we will ask for the results that impact USWCA Curling Circuit participants. We will strive to make this as easy as an email.
Can we sign up our Open Spiel if the participants play on an all women's team?
- No sorry. We are concentrating on increasing the competitiveness and participation in women's spiels. This will be re-evaluated at the end of each season.
When do we sign up?
- The sooner the better. We will want to be able to let all of our curling participants know your bonspiel is part of The USWCA Curling Circuit. We will get your information on our website. If you decide later in the season to become part of the USWCA Curling Circuit, we will be glad to accept the spiel.
Can our club's spiel be part of the USWCA Curling Circuit if we are not a member of the USWCA?
No but we will be glad to help you join our organization. Please go to the About - Becoming a Member page for more information and to access the online Membership form.
Region Coordinator Contact information:
3641 East Lydius Street
Schenectady, NY 12303
13174 Inglewood Ave.
Savage, MN 55378
708 Acacia Lane
Madison, WI 53716