The Senior Women's Bonspiel is an annual 24 team event attended by women 55 years of age and older from member clubs in each of the geographic areas of the nation. The location of the event rotates among the four geographic areas: East, Central, Wisconsin, and West. For information on entering a team in the Senior Women's Bonspiel, contact your club's USWCA representative. She will receive entry procedures and deadline information, as well as application forms in the summer.
33rd Annual USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel to be Hosted by the Green Bay Curling Club
Green Bay will be hosting the 33rd USWCA Senior Women's National Bonspiel sometime in the Fall of 2014. Dates cannot be determined until the Green Bay Packers football schedule is released. (Yes, Green Bay football has that kind of an impact in its home town.) The deadline for submitting an entry is September 5, 2014. Stay tuned for more information.
32nd Annual USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel Hosted by Itasca Curling Club
The 32nd USWCA Senior Women's bonspiel was held November 20 - 24, 2013 at the Itasca Curling Club in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Congratulations to the team from Broomstones Ladies Curling Club for emerging victorious over the 24 team field. The winning team was made up of Skip Jamie Hutchinson, Vice Carolyn MacLeod, Second Gwen Krailo-Lyons, and Lead Nancy Jennett.
31st Annual USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel Hosted by Mayfield Curling Club
The 31st Annual Senior Women's Bonspiel "Jamaica Me Crazy" was held at the Mayfield Curling Club in Cleveland, Ohio from November 28 to December 2, 2012. The Mayfield Curling Club was honored to be hosting the event this year as part of the club's 50th Anniversary celebration. Mild temperatures, lots of shopping, great restaurants, visits to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - and of course, hightly competitve curling - made for a memorable USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel. Congratulations to the Ronk rink from Green Bay, Wisconsin, the champions of the bonspiel.
Nutmeg Curling Club Hosts the 30th Annual USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel
The winners of the 30th Senior Women's Bonspiel were the Mayfield team skipped by Dee Montgomery, with Paula Forsythe, Leslie Cooke, and Kathy Collins. It was a tough competition and they beat the team from Philadelphia (Rosemary Morgan, Joe Hess, Maggie McMahon, and Pat Jolly) to win the trophy. Congratulations to all!
Download 2013 Senior Women's Bonspiel Report
Download 2012 Senior Women's Bonspiel Report
Download 2011 Senior Women's Bonspiel Report
Download 2010 Senior Women's Bonspiel Report
Download 2009 Senior Women's Bonspiel Report
Download 2008 Senior Women's Bonspiel Report
29th USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel
"Lights 'n' Ice"
December 1-5, 2010
Blackhawk Curling Club, Janesville, WI
- Winner: UTICA CURLING CLUB - Team Williams: Skip Susan Williams, Yiva Cortright, Carol Jones and MJ Walsh.
- Runner-Up: CHICAGO CURLING CLUB - Team McDonald: Skip Susan McDonald, Marilyn Wilson, Joby Berman and Judy Johnson.
- Winner: HIBBINGS CURLING CLU B - Team Getz: Skip JoAnn Getz, Jane Miettunen, Sue Vidmar and Michele Drlaca.
- Runner-Up: PHILADELPHIA CURLING CLUB - Team Morgan: Skip Rosemary Morgan, Jo Hess, Maggie McMahon and Adrianne Hiser.
- Winner: ARDEN HILLS CURLING CLUB - Team MacKinnon: Skip Myrna MacKinnon, Maureen Guay, Judy Taylor and Michelle Christianson.
- Runner-Up: ARDSLEY CURLING CLUB - Team Muldowney: Skip Diane Muldowney, Nancy Clancy, Mieko Takiguchi, and Kris Liddle.
- Winner: AR-SAR-BEN CURLING CLUB - Team Stevens: Skip Kelly Stevens, Sigrid Festersen, Jean Vorachek, and Bobbie Greenspan.
- Runner-Up: ALBANY CURLING CLUB - Team Springstead : Skip Florence Springstead, Roberta Crain, Linda Felice and Gloria Martino.
28th USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel -
"Kids at Heart - on Ice"
Grand Forks Curling Club, Grand Forks, ND
December 2-6, 2009
27th USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel - "Chicago Rocks!"
The United States Women's Curling Association held its 27th Annual USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel at the Chicago Curling Club, 555 Dundee Road, Northbrook, Illinois on November 5 - 9, 2008. The 24-rink bonspiel brought ladies from across the nation for 4 days of great competitive curling
The theme was "Chicago Rocks!" and guests enjoyed Chicago-themed breakfasts, lunches and dinners including the Thursday evening, November 6th banquet entitled "An Evening at the Empire Room." A hand-carved curling stone crafted by Erv Huber was sold during the live auction, Elvis entertained and the raffle table was laden with Chicago-themed gifts and baskets.
The Friday evening, November 7th House Party entitled "A Picnic at Ravinia" was held at Mary Fields' home in Northbrook. Chairpersons of the bonspiel were Marcia Arnold and Lynn Mecklenburg.
The 24 competitive curling teams included:
EASTERN REGION: Albany CC, Cape Cod CC, Chesapeake CC, Philadelphia CC, Plainfield CC and The Country Club;
CENTRAL REGION: Bowling Green CC, Chicago CC, Detroit CC, Exmoor CC, Mayfield CC, North Shore CC and Wilmette CC;
WISCONSIN REGION: Blackhawk CC, Kettle Moraine CC, Madison CC, Milwaukee CC and Racine CC;
WEST REGION: Ak-Sar-Ben CC, Arden Hills CC, Curl Mesabi, Duluth CC, Seattle Granite CC and St. Paul CC.
The Results at the 27th Annual USWCA Senior Women's Bonspiel are:
- Winner: ST. PAUL CURLING CLUB - Team Rachu: Skip Myke Rachu, Vice Skip Chris McGirl, 2nd Judy Olsen, and Lead Jean McCann.
- Runner-Up: CHICAGO CURLING CLUB - Team Wilson: Skip Marilyn Wilson, Vice Skip Liz Reid, 2nd Casey Kremer, and lead Joby Berman.
- Winner: BOWLING GREEN CURLING CLUB - Team Freeman: Skip Joan Freeman, Vice Skip Sharon Gargasz, 2nd Jeannie Borland, and Lead Martha Mazzarella.
- Runner-Up: PLAINFIELD CURLING CLUB - Team MacLeod: Skip Carolyn MacLeod (Broomstones CC), Vice Skip Maryann Vermeulen), 2nd Mary Lou Mitchell, and Lead Gail Knight.
- Winner: SEATTLE GRANITE CURLING CLUB - Team Yalowicki: Skip Marjorie Yalowicki, Vice Skip Margreet deLeeuw, Second Joan Sienkiewicz, and Lead Saralee Schneck.
- Runner-Up: PHILADELPHIA CURLING CLUB - Team Morgan: Skip Rosemary Morgan, Vice Skip Maggie McMahon, 2nd Adrianne Hiser, Lead Frances Nannos,
- Winner: MAYFIELD CURLING CLUB - Team Whittlesey: Skip LouiniaMae Whittlesey, Vice Skip Dee Montgomery, 2nd Pat Bammel, and Lead Donna Slabas ( Chicago CC).
- Runner-Up: CURL MESABI - Team Bone : Skip Becky Bone with Vice Ruth Jayson, 2nd Lynda Erickson ( Hibbing CC), and Lead Linda Jeffery.