Are you signing up an INDIVIDUAL? Please sign up online using the form to the right of this page or by filling out the registration form. If you are registering a bonspiel, please click here.
The cost to submit your Individual circuit application is $30
USWCA Women’s Curling Circuit Rules
- Individuals will register for the Circuit by paying a $30.00 entry fee for the season and then enter bonspiels as usual.
- All Circuit members must be dues paying USWCA curlers.
- Points are earned at any Circuit Bonspiel and a curler’s total points for the season are the sum of her best three competitions.
- In order to earn points at a bonspiel, there must be a minimum of two Circuit members on a team and the bonspiel must be entered in the Circuit.
- At the end of the season, the top curlers in each area will split the prize money.
- The complete rules for the Circuit are below.
Competition within each USWCA Area
- The competition will be within each USWCA area.
- Curlers will be competing for prizes against other competitors in their own region.
- Curlers can get points in any Circuit Bonspiel anywhere in the Country, with the top three results counting for points. Curlers register for the Circuit by paying a season entry fee of $30.00.
- Points will only be awarded for bonspiels entered after the registration fee is paid.
- If a curler registers at a Circuit Bonspiel, the entry fee must be paid before her team’s second game of the bonspiel.
- At least two Circuit members must be on the team for a curler to get Circuit points from the Bonspiel.
- To pay the season entry fee, print the registration form and mail it with a check to the address on the form or fill out the online registration form on the right and make the payment by credit card through PayPal.
- Circuit participants must be a female dues paying member of the USWCA.
- All team members must have reached the age of 16 before December 1, of the current year. The Circuit will attempt to have at least three bonspiels per area that will accept curlers under 21, but cannot guarantee it.
- The list of Circuit Bonspiels can be found on the Participating Bonspiels page. If your USWCA club wants to include its women’s bonspiel in the Circuit, registration information is available on the Club Participation page.
- A curler’s total points at the end of the season will be the sum of her top three point total bonspiels.
- There will be multiple prizes per area based on the number of participating curlers in each area.
- Each USWCA area will have its own prize pool unless an area has less than 3 bonspiels and or 8 curlers sign up for the Circuit. If the participation level falls below this level, two areas will be combined.
- Prize money comes from Sponsors, bonspiels and participants in each region, less a small administrative cost.
- Should any situations or discrepancies arise that are not covered by these rules, a USWCA Curling Circuit Review Board shall be convened to make a final decision. The Review Board shall include 3 members of the USWCA’s Curling Circuit Committee.
- Fee may be collected by club reps, mailed to the Circuit Chairwoman, Elizabeth Demers at 118 Cross Keys Road #118A, Baltimore MD 21210, or through PayPal using the form on the right of this page.
Registered curlers will earn points at Circuit Bonspiels. Curlers will earn points for each win at a bonspiel. Points will also be awarded for losses in finals events. The 1st event winner will be awarded the most points at a bonspiel. Points are allocated as follows:
- All first event game wins are worth 100 points. All other event game wins are worth 60 points. A First event final win is worth 200 points.
- Other event final wins are worth 60 points plus 40 points (see below)
- First event final loss is worth 75 points
- Other event final losses are worth 30 points
For a Circuit member to gain bonus points for other event final win/loss she must have one first event win or two other event wins prior to the Final. In the event that a first event winner does not earn the most points, of all the Circuit teams, their point total will be increased by 50 points more than the second highest points total. This scenario may occur when an unequal number of games are played to reach the first event final.
Standings will be maintained on the USWCA Website. Results submitted by Bonspiel chairs to the Curling Circuit Chair shall be considered the official results. Registered participants are encouraged to monitor the site and verify that their point totals are correct. Any discrepancies should be reported to the Circuit Chair, Elizabeth Demers, at Elizabeth.email@example.com. Please include the Curling Circuit in the subject line.